The Great Mouse Detective (Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
- Buy New: $9.99
as of 5/30/2016 06:41 MDT details
- Sales Rank:2,972
- Format:Multiple Formats, Animated, Blu-ray, Color, NTSC, Special Edition, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Languages:English (Published), English (Subtitled), French (Subtitled), Spanish (Subtitled), English (Original Language), French (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:2
- Running Time:74 Minutes
- Genre:Mystery & Thrillers
- Rating:G (General Audience)
- Edition:Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio:1.78:1
- Picture Format:Widescreen
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):6.8 x 5.5 x 0.5
- Publication Date:January 19, 2014
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Brand Name: Ingram Entertainment Mfg#: 786936825022
- Shipping Weight: 0.32 lbs
- Genre: CHILDREN/FAMILY
- All music products are properly licensed and guaranteed authentic.
For the first time ever on Blu-ray, you and your family can unlock the clues and go on a great big adventure with Disney's clever little hero. From the creators of THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG and THE LITTLE MERMAID comes the greatest little mystery in history in this 2-Disc Combo Pack. When the diabolical Professor Ratigan kidnaps London's master toymaker, the brilliant master of disguise Basil of Baker Street and his trusted sidekick Dawson try to elude the ultimate trap and foil the perfect crime. With perfect picture, perfect sound and 2 ways to watch, Disney Blu-ray proves big heroes come in small packages!|After a four-year period of story development, animation took just over one year to complete. This remarkably short production span was possible due to new efficiencies in the production process (such as video tests and computer-assisted layouts and graphics), and an increased emphasis on story development prior to the start of production.|The score was written by composer Henry Mancini, who also collaborated on two of the three featured songs. The third song, "Let Me Be Good To You," was written and performed by Melissa Manchester.|One hundred and twenty five artists were involved in making the film.|An innovative application of computer technology can be seen in the climactic scene where Basil faces Ratigan in a final confrontation inside the turning and thrashing gearworks of Big Ben. The 54 moving gears, winches, ratchets, beams, and pulleys were literally drawn by the computer and create a unique background for the characters, who had been animated in the usual way.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.