Call of Duty: Black Ops - Playstation 3
- Buy New: $8.00
as of 6/27/2016 07:01 MDT details
- Seller:Friends of Thousand Oaks Library
- Sales Rank:1,088
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Platform:PlayStation 3
- Media:Video Game
- Number Of Items:1
- Operating System:PlayStation 3
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):6.7 x 5.3 x 0.6
- Publication Date:November 9, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat
- Blending of traditional COD and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows
The newest installment in the biggest action series of all time and the follow-up to last year's blockbuster Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops launches on November 9, 2010.
| Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first-person shooter with stealth and tactical play aspect that puts players in the role of a shadow soldier fighting in a variety of historically representative fictional Black Ops missions of the Cold War era. Created with the input of actual Black Ops soldiers from the time, the game mixes traditional Call of Duty tactical shooter gameplay with new gameplay options designed to expand the players' experience. Additional features include extensive multiplayer options, along with new vehicles and explosive new weapons. |
Putting Out the Hotspots of the Cold War
Follow-up to 2009’s blockbuster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops breaks new ground in the Call of Duty series and the video game industry at large by delving into the not-so cold conflicts of the Cold War.
Inspired by the experiences of real Black Ops soldiers of the era, the missions of Call of Duty: Black Ops take the player to a wide variety of settings, ranging from snowbound mountain strongholds in historical Soviet held territories, to the jungles and urban settings of Vietnam War era SE Asia. Throughout all, care has been taken to maintain the traditional essence of Call of Duty style combat, while also introducing new types of player action that add to the gameplay experience. Additional features include co-op, versus and team-based multiplayer options, new vehicles like the SR-71 Blackbird and lethal new weapons such as explosive-tipped crossbows.
| Relive the Cold War COD style. |
Key Game Features
3-D Game Features
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era.
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat.
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action.
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows.
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer.
- Fully playable in stereoscopic 3D: the game will be compatible with 3D-ready HDTVs and 3D PCs utilizing state-of-the-art active shutter 3D glasses, delivering true depth of field and an unprecedented level of immersion that is perfectly suited for the Call of Duty action experience.
- Awesome 3D experiences: aim down the sights of your weapons, fly in helicopters, rappel down mountains, move through highly detailed environments and more.
- The experience is seamless to use with a simple menu option to enable stereoscopic 3D or disable it at any time whether playing in the single player campaign, multiplayer or Zombie mode.
- Playable in both 3D and non-3D on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Call of Duty: Black Ops for Windows PC is NVIDIA(R) 3D Vision(R)-Ready and supports stereoscopic 3D gaming using 3D Vision active-shutter glasses and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs. For Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system consoles, 3D features require a compatible 3D-ready HD TV.
Variety in gameplay action.
COD style multiplayer.
Diverse play settings.
Cold war themed action.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.