SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 - Sony PSP
- Buy New: $25.00
as of 9/29/2016 02:32 MDT details
- Sales Rank:33,315
- Languages:English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Platform:Sony PSP
- Media:Video Game
- Number Of Items:1
- Operating System:sony_psp
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):6.7 x 4.1 x 0.6
- Publication Date:April 30, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ART OF FIGHTING - The first game in SNK's second fighting-game franchise, set in the same universe as FATAL FURY.
- BASEBALL STARS 2 - The sequel to SNK's popular baseball arcade game.
- BURNING FIGHT - New York detectives battle organized crime in this fighter.
- FATAL FURY - First released in 1991, FATAL FURY introduced the two-plane fighting system.
- KING OF FIGHTERS '94 - The first game in the popular KING OF FIGHTERS series
Celebrate the history of SNK with the ultimate collection of arcade classic hits. 16 NEOGEO games on one UMD for your Sony PSP. It's a comprehensive stack of popular SNK games. It's a must-have addition to any arcade fan's collection! Re-Live the classics of gaming in these amazing titles from SNK. The list of classics are Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight, Fatal Fury, KOF94, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Shodown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super SIdekicks3, Top Hunter, and World Heroes
.And you don’t even need a roll of quarters!
KING OF FIGHTERS ’94
SNK ARCADE CLASSICS: VOLUME 1 will include the following SNK games:
- ART OF FIGHTING – The first game in SNK’s second fighting-game franchise, set in the same universe as FATAL FURY. It was the first fighting game by SNK to feature the character designs of former SNK illustrator Shinkiro, who would go on to do the character designs for the later Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters games.
- BASEBALL STARS 2 – The sequel to SNK’s popular baseball arcade game. Players can create leagues of up to 125 games (6 teams playing each other 25 times) and view statistics such as League Standings, Average, Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Earned Run Average, Wins and Saves. Players can fire players and upgrade them using the same 15-point system introduced in the original Baseball Stars.
- BURNING FIGHT – New York detectives battle organized crime in this fighter. Duke and Billy, two popular and renowned New York City Police detectives, are hot on the trail of a dangerous Japanese crime syndicate. Their investigation has led them to the mean streets of Japan where they meet a police officer and martial arts expert named Ryu. Ryu agrees to join the NYPD detectives as they track down the crime syndicate bosses and end their reign of terror once and for all.
- FATAL FURY – First released in 1991, FATAL FURY introduced the two-plane fighting system. The main fighting game feature that the original Fatal Fury was known for was the two-plane system. Characters would fight from two different planes, and by stepping between the planes, attacks could be dodged with ease.
- KING OF FIGHTERS ’94 – The first game in the popular KING OF FIGHTERS series. King of Fighters '94 introduces the series' signature 3-man team system. Instead of a simple one-on-one, two round fight system, a player chooses a team of three characters, then determines the order to play them in. Each fight consists of up to 5 rounds, and each round ends when one of the two fighters is knocked out; the remaining fighter stays and faces the opponent's next character. A fight is won when one of the two players loses the last of their three fighters.
- KING OF THE MONSTERS – In KING OF THE MONSTERS, giant monsters fight for power in epic battles. Players get to choose any one of six monsters (four in the ports) for battle, and two players can join forces to fight the monsters together. Battles end when one of the monsters is pinned for a three count or if time expires (in which case the player loses)
- LAST RESORT – A challenging futuristic shooter. The gameplay was heavily inspired by R-Type and its system of pod attached to the player's ship. Its first level remained memorable for its homage to the futuristic Neo-Tokyo depicted in the anime Akira.
- MAGICIAN LORD – Players help the wizard Elta save his homeworld in this platformer. The player controls the wizard Elta, the last magician lord, on his quest to save his homeland from the evil Gul-Agieze who plans to resurrect the god of destruction using eight tomes of mystical power. As Elta the player must battle through eight levels to find each of the tomes before he can reach the final battle and seal away the evil god once again.
- METAL SLUG – This run-and-gun side-scroller was the first in the popular series. It’s widely known for its sense of humor, extremely fluid hand-drawn animation, and fast paced two-player action.
- NEO TURF MASTERS – A golf game which debuted on the Neo Geo Pocket Color in 1999. The game included a VS mode and three single player modes, as well as having six players to choose from. You played in one of three countries, USA, Japan and Germany.
- SAMURAI SHODOWN – Set in the 18th century, SAMURAI SHODOWN features bladed-weapon combat and an international cast of characters.
- SENGOKU – In SENGOKU, players face off against undead feudal Japanese armies.
- SHOCK TROOPERS – In this run-and-gun adventure, players save a scientist and his granddaughter from the Bloody Scorpions.
- SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 – A soccer game featuring teams from all over the world.
- TOP HUNTER – Bounty hunters protect colonists from space pirates in this futuristic action game.
- WORLD HEROES – This classic fighter pits players against historical figures in a tournament enabled by time travel.
"With 16 of our most beloved games, SNK ARCADE CLASSICS: VOLUME 1 is a must-have addition to any arcade fan’s collection," said Ben Herman, president of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION. "It’s the most comprehensive SNK compilation to date."
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.