Halo: Combat Evolved
- Buy New: $18.35
as of 10/10/2015 06:33 MDT details
- Seller:phills treasures
- Sales Rank:2,297
- Languages:English (Manual), English (Subtitled), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Media:Video Game
- Number Of Items:1
- Genre:Action Games
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):5.3 x 0.6 x 7.5
- Publication Date:August 14, 2001
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Control a character during massive firefights as you eliminate as many Covenant soldiers as possible
- Engage in guerilla warfare against the enemy, using whatever is at your disposal on the station
- Use your tactics skills to command squads and eliminate the enemy
- Role-based team & multiplayer combat with over 25 characters onscreen at a time
- A wide variety of vehicles & locations designed in perfect detail
The explosions will light up your living room. Halo is a sci-fi shooting match that lets you experience first-hand a mysterious alien ring-world. Loaded with combat, Halo will have you fighting on foot, in vehicles, inside and outdoors with Alien and Human weaponry. Your objective is to uncover Halo's horrible secrets and destroy mankind's sworn enemy, the Covenant. Fight the Covenant in dozens of missions as you discover the virulent secrets of Halo. Your many goals include attacking enemy outposts, raiding underground labs for advanced technology, rescuing fallen comrades, stealing alien vehicles and weaponry and sniping at enemy forces.
This action shooter takes place on a mysterious alien world. It offers a combination of team-based first-person-shooter gameplay (reminiscent of Tribes
) and third-person vehicle combat elements. Gameplay kicks off with the player heading down to the planet's surface in a troop carrier, à la Aliens
. As the player and fellow marines exit, the remaining troopers form a flank in reaction to an oncoming onslaught of human and alien enemies.
It's this smart AI system that makes for a noticeably unique gameplay feel. Another very nice feature is the seamless transition into vehicular elements. As you venture through mission objectives, a variety of enemy flyers and on-ground buggies are yours for the taking. Come across a vehicle and the camera will pull back to a third-person view as you strap in and motor through crossfire. A co-op mode allows a friend to join you in the single-player missions. For chaotic fighting action, up to four players can duel in split-screen deathmatch mode or link systems for LAN play. However you choose to hero your way through Halo: Combat Evolved, the action should break in your new Xbox in explosive style.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.