Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie
- Brand:Learning Resources
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.19
as of 4/28/2016 20:01 MDT details
- You Save: $17.80 (59%)
- Sales Rank:656
- Language:English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Age:3 - 7 years
- Size:8-3/4 Dia in
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.1
- Dimensions (in):9.3 x 9.5 x 3.6
- Legal Disclaimer:Sold as is, no returns
- Warranty:1 year warranty against manufacturer defects
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Fruity pie teaches early math skills and attributes (colors and fruit shapes)
- Helps master early academic standards such as grouping, sorting, patterning, classifying objects, counting, learning greater than and less than, and understanding the relationship between numbers and quantity
- Small counters and jumbo tweezers provide opportunities to strengthen fine motor skills and develop pre-writing pincer grasp
- The removable divider ensures successful piece placement and top crust doubles as a bowl to hold counters
- Includes 60 soft, rubber counters (7 fruits in 5 different colors), plastic pie plate with cover and removable divider, 3 double-sided sorting cards, 2 Jumbo Tweezers, and Activity Guide
- Pie measures 8 3/4"D
- Winner of 3 awards
- Frustration Free Packaging: this version comes in a brown corrugate box, easy to recycle and great for the environment
- Ideal for ages 3+
Develop fine motor skills.
Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie
The Super Sorting Pie teaches early number skills and attributes, including colors and fruit shapes. Provides supportive visual cues, thanks to the sorting cards that slip into the bottom of the pan. Top crust becomes a bowl to conveniently hold counters. Reinforces fine motor skills when children use jumbo tweezers, featuring depressions that guide little hands into the proper pincer grip. Children are sure to sort, count and relish large servings of fruity pie fun!
Sort seven fruits and five colors.
Fruity, Sorting Fun
The Super Sorting Pie is a delicious way to provide hands-on experiences with early math concepts such as sorting, counting, number sense, patterning, and beginning addition and subtraction. Give children plenty of “free exploration time” to play with the pie, the fun fruity counters, and tweezers to ensure familiarity. The pie has a removable sorting tray that allows children to sort and count in many ways. Place the sorting cards into the bottom of the pan to provide visual cues that support success. Jumbo tweezers are included to reinforce fine motor skills needed for handwriting.
Apples, bananas, grapes, oranges, grapefruits, apricots, and plums.
Sort, Match, Pick, and Count
Includes 60 counters: seven fruits (apples, bananas, grapes, oranges, grapefruits, apricots, and plums) in five different colors. Activity Guide provides fun ideas for engaging children in a variety of kindergarten readiness skills: sorting with the Activity Cards, matching, color/attribute identification, patterning, and counting. Make early addition and subtraction concrete by removing pieces of fruit from a group and asking your child how many are left. Extend the play by encouraging some "pretend" pie baking, sharing, and selling.
Build Little Hand Muscles
The key to developing fine motor skills is developing the thumb-forefinger pincer grasp. The Super Sorting Pie includes two jumbo tweezers, perfect for reinforcing this crucial, pre-writing skill. The tweezers feature depressions that guide little hands into position. Use the tweezers as part of the play! Great for visual-motor integration too.
What's in the Box?
- 3-piece sorting pie
- 60 fruit counters
- 3 double-sided activity cards
- 2 jumbo tweezers
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.