The Undertaker: The Unauthorized Real Life Story of the WWE's Deadman
- Sales Rank:215,574
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:January 12, 2012
"The Undertaker: The Unauthorized Real Life Story of The WWE's Deadman" is a fascinating, first of its kind, and completely unauthorized inside look at the man behind the WWE legend known as The Undertaker.
Detailed and distinct among contemporary pro wrestling biographies, this insightful look at the life, career, and incomparable legacy of Mark Calaway is bound to forever change the way wrestling fans look at "The Phenom."
A must-read for WWE fans, this hotly anticipated Kindle exclusive from national bestselling author Michael Essany covers:
- The origins of Mark Calaway's wrestling career.
- The birth of The Undertaker character.
- The Undertaker's locker room reputation and his unparallelled respect among today's wrestlers.
- Calaway's life outside of the ring and his incredible work ethics inside the WWE.
- How Calaway became the WWE's locker room disciplinarian and Shawn Michaels' real-life biggest nightmare.
- The Undertaker's rumored desire to end his undefeated streak at WrestleMania (possibly at the hands of John Cena).
- Why many on the WWE roster allegedly want Mark Calaway - not Paul Levesque (Triple H) - to one day replace Vince McMahon.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: The Living Legend
Chapter 2: For Whom The Bell Tolls
Chapter 3: The Boss in The Back
Chapter 4: An Unlikely Undertaking
Chapter 5: Restless in Peace
Chapter 6: The Streak
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER 1:
There may only be one person in the entire WWE Universe who actually wants the Undertaker's renowned undefeated WrestleMania streak to end.
And that individual is said to be the Undertaker himself.
Unlike many larger than life ring personas in the history of professional wrestling, Mark Calaway has always been able to distinguish himself from the iconic on-screen character he has portrayed for close to a quarter century. It's a skill that some of the industry's biggest stars - including Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior - have reportedly been incapable of cultivating.
For all of his accomplishments and unrivaled stature in sports entertainment, Mark Calaway is a man without ego who doesn't believe any one superstar is bigger than WrestleMania itself.
“Undertaker is one of the most consummate professionals inside and outside the ring,” says famed grappler and WWE Hall of Famer Bret "The Hitman" Hart.
Hart’s sentiments have been echoed by Calaway’s peers throughout his career. In fact, those who knew Mark Calaway in 1990, shortly before his WWE debut, say he is the same man in 2012.
READ MORE IN THIS KINDLE E-BOOK!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.