The Book of Baseball Literacy: 3rd Edition: Nearly 700 People, Places, Events, Teams, Stats, Stories, and More-Everything You Need to Know in One Massive Book
- Sales Rank:59,829
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:January 30, 2014
Also Available In:
- Paperback - The Book of Baseball Literacy: 3rd Edition: Nearly 700 People, Places, Events, Teams, Stats, and Stories - Everything You Need to Know in One Massive Book [Paperback]  (Author) David H. Martinez
- Paperback - The Book of Baseball Literacy: 3rd Edition: Nearly 700 People, Places, Events, Teams, Stats, and Stories - Everything You Need to Know in One Massive Book
"A cross-referenced collection of facts, folklore and untold tales about key figures, events and institutions. Easy-to-find answers to the most common (and obscure but fascinating) baseball questions." - USA Today
"A great starting point for newbies of the game." - Ron Kaplan, "501 Baseball Books Fans Must Read Before They Die"
"Surprisingly, there is no other book so comprehensive, concise or readable." - St. Paul Pioneer-Press
"Instructive and fun." - Chicago Sun-Times
**Selected for the Baseball Hall of Fame Bookstore in Cooperstown**
**Updated for the 2015 season**
Lose yourself in all the marvelous memories and hallowed history of America’s national pastime with "The Book of Baseball Literacy: 3rd Edition." From the gloveless pioneers of the 1840s to the strife-ridden headlines of the 2000s, this comprehensive reference offers nearly 700 important baseball yarns, stats, and stories—cross-referenced and hyperlinked—in a style as lively as the game itself. Incredibly thorough, never dull, the book answers these and countless other questions:
- Who was Ray Chapman, and why is he important?
- Did Abner Doubleday really invent baseball?
- What is sabermetrics?
- Who set off the Pine Tar Incident?
- Where was the first organized baseball game?
- Were the Cubs cursed by a billy goat?
- What are waivers and options?
Written by SABR member and former college baseball broadcaster David H. Martinez and even selected as required reading for a college course on baseball history, "The Book of Baseball Literacy: 3rd Edition" puts over a century and a half of legends and lore, right in your mitt. It will settle arguments and provoke them, answer questions and ask them. It’s a must for veteran baseball fans—and a perfect way to get up to speed on baseball history for newcomers.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.