Ric Flair: To Be the Man (WWE)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.99
as of 10/26/2016 17:12 MDT details
- You Save: $21.01 (81%)
- Sales Rank:418,779
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:1st Pocket Books Hardcover Ed
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.6
- Dimensions (in):6.4 x 1.1 x 9.4
- Publication Date:July 6, 2004
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- o wrestling fans, the Nature Boy is a platinum-blond deity, a sixteen-time world champion who accurately boasted that he could have a five-star match with a broom. No matter how limited the opponent, Flair had the skill and determination to bounce all over the mat, transforming his rival into a star. When the camera light went on, Slick Ric could convince viewers that, if they missed an upcoming match, a momentous life experience would pass them by. Flair's opponents were challenged with this simple taunt: To be the man, you have to beat the man.
One of the biggest wrestling superstars of the past 20 years, and one of the greatest champions of all time, Ric Flair has carved out a legacy for himself that will never be surpassed. Born Richard Fliehr in Minneapolis, he made his professional wrestling debut in 1972, quickly rising to the top of the Mid-Atlantic region where he won the regional and tag-team titles as well as the US title. In 1975 however his career almost ended when he suffered a broken back, ironically in a plane crash, not in the ring. Showing incredible resilience, Flair returned to the ring within six months. Teaming up with Gregory Valentine, he won the NWA Tag Team Title, later winning the NWA Title by defeating 'The American Dream', Dusty Rhoades. Subsequently he entered the WWF and beat Randy 'The Macho Man' Savage for hte WWF Heavyweight Title, only to return to the WCW with tremendous success. He is now back with WWE where he still competes at the same time as managing other stars, among them Triple H. Known as 'The Dirtiest Player in the Game', Ric Flair is one of the cagiest competitors ever to step into the ring. Outside the ring he is both flamboyant and outspoken, a personality who stands out even amongst the many larger-than-life stars of the WWE. His story is one that every WWE fan will want to read.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.