Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

Title Changes That Didn't Happen

Pre-1990 topics only.

Postby Americancyco » 2002/04/20 Sat 4:51 pm

You are right the WWF did mention it on TV a few weeks later that MOM won the titles in the UK.

I agree that when it comes to how many times someone won the Hardcore title, the number does seem to change a lot when talked about on TV. However I was talking about the magazine article on the hardcore title which counted every house show change.

I think the main reason for this is because no one really cares about the hardcore title. I think the 24/7 rule is really cool. However the title still doesn't mean a thing.
And you see me with a smile on my face <br>And you know I'm a mental case
Americancyco

Postby RoaringElbow25 » 2002/04/21 Sun 12:39 pm

You say the Hardcore title means nothing your almost exactly right, w/ such names as Godfathers Ho and Molly Holly holding it at points but even the hardcore has its steps ahead of the European title, this title breaks alot more careers then it makes, its like Cursed. Say you were signed by the WWF and Vince McMahon said they had 2 Ideas for you, 1 you win the european title and the other you win the hardcore title, you would hold them for the same amount of time no matter which one you picked, which title would you go with? Hardcore or European?

I would have to say Hardcore
"Man, this Kane is a monster. A One-Eyed Monster." <br>-Jim Ross, Unforgiven 1998
RoaringElbow25

Postby TDinDC » 2002/04/22 Mon 7:02 am

Hardcore title. You have a much better chance of getting over while you hold that title b/c of the style of matches. The Euro-title means absolutely nothing.
Greatest 2 Quotes in Wrestling History: <br> <br>"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." -- Jesse Ventura <br> <br>"A friend in need is a pest." -- Bobby Heenan
TDinDC

Postby samoth » 2002/04/22 Mon 8:36 pm

I'd say Hardcore, because main eventers occasionally hold that. Euro is a career killer.
samoth

Postby Luds » 2002/04/23 Tue 8:39 am

Indeed, they should trash the euro title. I mean, Shane had the belt...
<span style='color:red'>Want good Puroresu Tapes?</span>
<br><a href='http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes</a>
<br><span style='color:darkblue'>Luds :Þ</span>
Luds

Postby Hijo de Carlos » 2002/04/23 Tue 10:57 am

As opposed to all the worthy past Hardcore champs eg Gerald Brisco, Molly Holly, an unidentified ho....
Like comics? Then check out http://www.1000AD.tk
Hijo de Carlos

Postby RoaringElbow25 » 2002/04/23 Tue 11:58 am

Well if you look at both the titles history you can see a few main eventers in both titles history

--Biggest Title Holders--
Hardcore has: Raven(at least main events in ECW), Undertaker, RVD, Kurt Angle(even if only for a few seconds), Chris Jericho, Big Show, Kane, and Mankind

European has: DDP(former WCW Champ), Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Bradshaw, the late Owen Hart,Jeff Jarrett, X-Pac, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels

--Worst Title Holders--
Hardcore has: Shane McMahon, Pat Patterson, Gerald Brisco, Mighty Molly,K-Kwik, Godfather's Ho, Saturn, and Test

European has:Shane McMahon, Mideon, Perry Saturn, and Test

---
Hardcore title has had 77 title reigns(not counting the Battle Royal at WM2k) as opposed to the Europeans 29**(According to WWFtitlehistory.com)

Your call which is better
"Man, this Kane is a monster. A One-Eyed Monster." <br>-Jim Ross, Unforgiven 1998
RoaringElbow25

Postby TDinDC » 2002/04/23 Tue 12:29 pm

I think the ho's name was Bobcat, not that it matters.
Greatest 2 Quotes in Wrestling History: <br> <br>"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." -- Jesse Ventura <br> <br>"A friend in need is a pest." -- Bobby Heenan
TDinDC

Postby TDinDC » 2002/04/23 Tue 12:34 pm

There have actually been 130 hardcore reigns. WWFtitlehistory.com does not acknowledge a lot of the title changes at house shows. There is no reason not to count these, they did happen. If you want to see the list, go to <a href='http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfhard.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/p...wwf/wwfhard.htm</a>

It's 130, I counted them.
TDinDC

Postby Tradewynd » 2002/04/23 Tue 1:06 pm

The ho that won the Hardcore Title was actually Victoria, who is currently under a developement deal with the WWF. Apparantly, she can actually wrestle, although that still doesn't make her much of a HC Champ...
New Avatar. New Attitude. After being gone for more than a year I have but nine words of wisdom to impart on you. I AM MONSTA! 3...2...1 HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE!!!!:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
Tradewynd

Postby samoth » 2002/04/23 Tue 9:17 pm

Bobcat won the Hardcore title. She was an indy wrestler, and I have no idea if she's still active or not.

The only time emphasis has ever really been on the Eurotrash title was when Bulldog held it. The hardcore title is frequently the focus of semimajor storylines.
samoth

Postby Hijo de Carlos » 2002/04/24 Wed 3:27 am

The ho who won the title was indeed Cyndi (Bobcat) Lynch, but I was trying to convey the fact that from a TV storyline POV she was never identified as anything other than "one of the hos".

Seems that the WWF is currently running with 4 HC title changes on each house show. According to the title histories on this very site, there have been 31 title changes THIS MONTH!

I think the 24/7 rule was a very innovative and clever idea when it came in but is now desperately passe...
Like comics? Then check out http://www.1000AD.tk
Hijo de Carlos

Postby OldSchoolFan » 2002/04/24 Wed 4:33 am

I think the reason WWF is doing that type of thing is for the crowds at the house shows to think they're seeing something signifigant. It's been years since you've seen Title changes on house shows and they just don't do that anymore, remember McMahon/Bishoff rule 327 "If it's not on TV, it didn't happen".

I think the last time a title changed on a house show was Edge's first IC win against Jarret. The one before that was probobly the Disel Title win against Backlund
OldSchoolFan

Postby TDinDC » 2002/04/24 Wed 8:43 am

The 24/7 rule is a fun little rule intended to entertain the fan base, which 99% of would never read a site like this or have a clue what really goes on in wrestling. The "average fan" doesn't care about 130 vs. 77 title reigns, or 31 in a month, or anything like that (which I happen to care about). It's just for entertainment --- which kind of fits into the whole sports entertainment concept as opposed to actual wrestling.
TDinDC

Postby Luds » 2002/04/25 Thu 9:49 am

True, but for many of us, keeping the score, so to speak, it's hard to keep updating our grids or web site...
<span style='color:red'>Want good Puroresu Tapes?</span>
<br><a href='http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes</a>
<br><span style='color:darkblue'>Luds :Þ</span>
Luds

PreviousNext

Return to Pro-Wrestling History: General