Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

WWE Hardcore title brought back

WWE Hardcore title brought back

Postby SilentRage » 2006/06/03 Sat 5:45 pm

I noticed that on RAW a few weeks back, Mick Foley brought back the Hardcore title and said that he and Edge were now the co-holders.

Now, normally it's understood that wrestlers themselves don't have that kind of power - but, I noticed that the title will be defended on ECW's One Night Stand.

Does this make it official? Are Edge and Foley really co-champions?

References:
http://www.wrestlingexposed.com/headlines/14726.shtml
http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/matches/23848445/preview/
SilentRage

Postby Kiseki » 2006/06/07 Wed 9:44 am

WWE.com hasn't updated the history of the title as officially revived. The title will probably be dropped immediately after the WWE vs. ECW angle.
Kiseki

Postby Kiseki » 2006/06/19 Mon 6:56 pm

WWE.com now says Edge and Foley are the "self-proclaimed" co-holders of the hardcore title. This means the title isn't officially revived, I guess.
Kiseki

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2006/07/08 Sat 12:37 pm

No, WWE doesn't seem to be treating it as a "legit" championship. I think they just had Edge and Foley name themselves "Hardcore co-champions" as part of the ECW vs. WWE/RAW angle, which appears to be over now that Van Dam is no longer WWE (nor ECW, for that matter) champion. He's reportedly been suspended for 30 days and the ECW contingent really have no reason to be on RAW anymore or vice versa. Unless they're going to keep the title going with Foley now that Edge is WWE champion, it seems to be dead.
Dan Poutsma

Return to World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment