Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter MySpace

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

Titles Not In the Title History Section

The Philedelphia-based promotion headed by Todd Gordon & Paul Heyman.

Titles Not In the Title History Section

Postby The Crowbar King » 2005/01/21 Fri 4:12 pm

Two that immediately come to mind are state championships from ECW, which I believe were the Pennsylvania championship and Maryland championship, if my memory serves me correctly.

How many more can you guys list and can you come up with any title histories and/or title defense histories? Thanks.
The Crowbar King

Postby necrosis215 » 2005/01/22 Sat 5:56 am

No offence, but this site is a massive project that is almost physically impossible to maintain with any sort of consistency whilst running a full-time job and a family like Hisa does.
When he started the site he focused on establishing the MAJOR title histories and the most recognised World Lineages.
Hisa cannot logically have the time to update all of the site every time there is a title change (every day practically) and also add titles that are of no particular significance.
If you wish to keep your own records of titles histories as many of us do then that is fine. But it's no use to pick holes in this site which IS the best out there, period!

necrosis215
necrosis215

Postby The Crowbar King » 2005/01/22 Sat 7:25 am

Lighten up.

I'm not trying to pick holes in anything, I'm trying to find more title histories online.
The Crowbar King

Postby BadNews » 2005/01/22 Sat 7:32 am

If it makes you happy...

ECW Pennsylvania Title
Tommy Cairo 93/05/14 Philadelphia, PA
* wins battle royal to become first champion
Tony Stetson 93/08/07 Philadelphia, PA
* abandoned in 93

ECW Maryland Title
J.T. Smith 93/10/16 North East, MD
* wins battle royal to become first champion; abandoned in 93

credit: Duncan & Will Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed)
'Inflammable means flammable? Oh, what a country!' - Dr. Nick Riveira, The Simpsons
BadNews

Postby necrosis215 » 2005/01/22 Sat 1:51 pm

Wasn't putting you down, just saying that there are the titles that are cosidered important in this world and those aren't. They're barely significant to warrent inclusion on a site like this. In fact, I think that all the crappy independent promotions and the like should be excluded from this site unless they start acting like wrestling promotions, but then again, that's just my opinion.

necrosis215
necrosis215

Postby Black_Flag_Of_Ulster » 2005/01/22 Sat 2:49 pm

i'm not sure how important a title is who was held by J.T. Smith. When its all said and done, Hisa pays for the webspace and whatever he wants to post he **** well can post. but outta curiosity necrosis215, i'd like to hear your definition of "acting like a wrestling promotion".
"Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off" Patrick Marber, Closer
Black_Flag_Of_Ulster

Postby necrosis215 » 2005/01/23 Sun 6:59 am

Wrestling in the Independent shows that I've seen (bear in mind I'm in the UK and can only see limited internet viewing) wrestling has been turned into some sort of blood sport with the weed-whackers and light tubes etc. Now this could be seen as having double standards due to some of the Japanese promotions doing the same, but I've never been fond of those either.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what my opinion of these promotions is, they still have titles that, as much as I hate to say it, do warrent inclusion in reference sites like this. But to me, personally, it's a waste of good webspace and time when they can be put in a book like Duncan & Will and left there to be forgotten about.

necrosis215
necrosis215

Return to Eastern/Extreme Championship Wrestling