Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter MySpace

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

WWE Hardcore Championship

Postby HORRORSHOW » 2004/10/06 Wed 4:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-BadNews+--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BadNews)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->well unfortunately the title was abandoned before vinnie mac could steal that idea from the asias. but i guess he wouldnt have liked wwe to appear as a circus sort of thing.[/quote]

I'm not sure, but for some reason I remember either head or moppy or something winning the title. Pretty sure it was head.
Abba-Zabba....you my only friend! - Thurgood Jenkins :D
HORRORSHOW

Postby Tradewynd » 2004/10/20 Wed 4:14 pm

If anyone should have won the Hardcore Title it should have been the ladder. The ladder is a TWO TIME TWO TIME DDT Champ for crying out loud!
New Avatar. New Attitude. After being gone for more than a year I have but nine words of wisdom to impart on you. I AM MONSTA! 3...2...1 HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE!!!!:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
Tradewynd

Postby Lobo Laben » 2004/11/18 Thu 10:28 pm

The most positive thing about the Hardcore Title was that it gave Steve Blackman a chance to have regular TV exposure

Blackman was great to watch...just not to listin to !!!
Lobo Laben

Postby darktowerchilde » 2004/11/20 Sat 12:07 am

What would have been great, and this is just a messed up fantasy I have, was the barbed wire match that Terry Funk and Mick Foley wanted to have in WWE. It could have been brutal, full of sick spots using tables, branding irons, thumbtacks, and the barbed wire. You could even put in a Hell in a Cell Match and make it the last match of that type in WWE. You could have Foley go over Funk cleanly, possibly have Funk pass out, all the ex-ECW guys in the back rush out and lift them, blood and all, up on their shoulders and have the crowd chant Foley's and Funk's names, eventually turning into ECW chants. Then they could retire the belt, and have both Funk and Foley retire gracefully, with Funk coming back to wrestling six-months later with, I dunno, IWA: Mid South or some other struggling garbage promotion.
darktowerchilde

Postby The Great Gouki » 2004/11/24 Wed 10:10 am

you are thinking of Pierre. Al Snow's stuffed moose/deer head. After Goldust stole Head, and Bossman stole Pepper (the dog) Al Snow go the cover on Bob Holly I think with Pierre....some details may be sketchy.
Master of the Burning Fire Thunder... :guitar:
The Great Gouki

Postby Toan » 2004/12/13 Mon 11:52 am

Anyway, I think it would have been interesting to see an inaminate object as the Hardcore champion. Maybe Head?

Also I think it would be even funnier if Eric Bishoff used a super-flying time machine like Poison Sawada to go back in time and alter the past then come back to see that everyone in the WWE had turned into people from WCW before it closed.

Benoit as Ric Flair, Triple H as Hogan, Vinnie Mac as Ted Turner, etc.
Stay sharp...
Toan

Postby Tradewynd » 2004/12/13 Mon 12:50 pm

Head over to DDT where The Ladder has is a two time champ. Now that's what I'm talking about.
New Avatar. New Attitude. After being gone for more than a year I have but nine words of wisdom to impart on you. I AM MONSTA! 3...2...1 HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE!!!!:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
Tradewynd

Postby BusaLiger Dragon » 2004/12/13 Mon 2:11 pm

What about the CHAIR!!!! no one metioned the chair i mean after all the matches it has been in and not once has it gotten a title... how about the TWO TIME TWO TIME champion the ladder go at it with the CHAIR???
<b>I got soul but im not a soldier</b>
BusaLiger Dragon

Postby Black_Flag_Of_Ulster » 2004/12/13 Mon 6:01 pm

im backing the ladder in this one.
"Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off" Patrick Marber, Closer
Black_Flag_Of_Ulster

Postby darktowerchilde » 2004/12/14 Tue 3:12 am

Ever wonder why the first TLC match was voted one of the top matches of all time recently and the Hell in the Cell is the most notorious match in WWE history, and yet Vince and co. villify the hardcore concept? There isn't a hard core division anymore, and when there was, it was looked down upon and mocked. And yet... when the WWE needs to resolve big angles or initiate change, they use violent matches to get the storyline over. Just look at all the hype the Michaels/Triple H HIAC match had and the hype for Nash/Triple H before that. Look at the use of the elimination chamber to resolve the angle that's on Raw. And how Foley is looked at as such an icon. It's hypocrisy.
darktowerchilde

Postby Toan » 2004/12/14 Tue 11:53 am

Totally... it's like this e-fed I was in called New World Wrestling that billed itself as being a "pure" wrestling fed but in reality they were just a WWE rip-off.
Stay sharp...
Toan

Postby One to Remember » 2005/01/05 Wed 8:21 pm

Was the Hardcore title orginally the old WWF title belt? The one heald by Savage and Slaughter. And wasnt that belt sold (or throne at) ECW and used as their TV title? If so how did it make its way back to the WWF after ECW? What happened to the belt 's gold and how did Bradshaws Texas Hardcore title come about?
One to Remember

Postby edgehead1984 » 2005/01/05 Wed 11:03 pm

the texas HC title belt was made simply to fit Bradshaw's character, and then was covered with a New York license plate when Dreamer won it...and the HC title was always the old WWF title belt until the texas belt...
Fear the Spear... <br> <br><a href='http://www.freewebtown.com/edgehead1984/1979.doc' target='_blank'>My Media List</a>
edgehead1984

Postby RoaringElbow25 » 2005/01/05 Wed 11:39 pm

OneToRemember. They had hundereds of the same belt. In Hogans Biography he talked about how he'd sweat through a new title belt everyday when he was out doing promotions. ECW's TV title just coincidentally looked like the WWE's old title cause more than likely the title was designed by the same person
"Man, this Kane is a monster. A One-Eyed Monster." <br>-Jim Ross, Unforgiven 1998
RoaringElbow25

Previous

Return to World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment