Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

WWE Title History Webpage

WWE Title History Webpage

Postby Haiku Warrior » 2004/12/18 Sat 12:01 pm

Hey guys, I know we hit on a few points on the I-C page but I've been reading the WWE title part now and I just found something in regard to the "Twin Hebner" incident that made me :shocked:

[From wwe.com]
It was also revealed that Earl Hebner, who was said to have been refereeing the match, wasn’t even in the ring. Instead, DiBiase had paid for another referee to have plastic surgery in order to look like Hebner so that he could guarantee Andre would win the WWE Championship.

That quite possibly could get Gilbert Godfrey's "WHAT THE [EXPLETIVE]" Award.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Kevin Spacey (Usual Suspects)
Haiku Warrior

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2004/12/18 Sat 3:47 pm

More revisionist history from the fine folks at WWE.

Dave Hebner was supposed to be the ref. It was Earl (who was working for Crockett right before this and who wouldn't have his name mentioned for quite some time) who was paid off by DiBiase as the lookalike to take his place and screw Hulk out of the title. Afterwards, Dave came out and the two twins began arguing over who the real Dave Hebner was before the imposter decked him and kicked him out of the ring. Hogan then tossed him over the top rope and onto Andre, DiBiase, and Virgil at ringside. In the post match interview, it was Hulk who accused them of paying for the guy to have plastic surgery to have him look like Dave Hebner.
Dan Poutsma

Postby Haiku Warrior » 2004/12/19 Sun 11:44 am

So the WWE ran that ridiculous angle at the time. I thought it was because they didn't want Earl Hebner's name attached to 2 screwjob finishes. BTW, for the Montreal Inncident the wwe says something along these lines, "...although it appears Bret Hart never gave up..." :rolleyes:
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Kevin Spacey (Usual Suspects)
Haiku Warrior

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2004/12/19 Sun 4:53 pm

It wasnt't ridiculous at all. As a matter of fact, it's up there as one of the best angles in wrestling history, IMO. If you haven't seen it, you should. It was very creative.
Dan Poutsma

Postby Luds » 2004/12/20 Mon 9:04 am

Dan's right. Back then, this angle was one of a kind.
<span style='color:red'>Want good Puroresu Tapes?</span>
<br><a href='http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes</a>
<br><span style='color:darkblue'>Luds :Þ</span>
Luds

Postby Haiku Warrior » 2004/12/20 Mon 10:34 am

Back then I guess. But if that happened today I would smell Russo all over it. :rolleyes:
Haiku Warrior

Postby RoaringElbow25 » 2004/12/20 Mon 10:10 pm

I always loved goin to wwftitlehistory.com when they had it, but they stopped updating it caquse there were so many titles around the invasion days. But the good thing about this is it'll answer all of our title history questions about which title connects to what...
I love how everytime they refer to the Hulkster as "Hollywood" Hogan, but I guess that keeps them from paying rights to Marvel

also that picture of Savage and Liz w/ the strap is so cool
"Man, this Kane is a monster. A One-Eyed Monster." <br>-Jim Ross, Unforgiven 1998
RoaringElbow25

Postby Black_Flag_Of_Ulster » 2004/12/21 Tue 11:41 pm

i wonder if anyone has the word hollywood trademarked. there's a fortune to be made! :D
"Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off" Patrick Marber, Closer
Black_Flag_Of_Ulster

Postby MARTYEWR » 2004/12/22 Wed 9:07 am

<!--QuoteBegin-RoaringElbow25+--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoaringElbow25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I always loved goin to wwftitlehistory.com when they had it, but they stopped updating it caquse there were so many titles around the invasion days. But the good thing about this is it'll answer all of our title history questions about which title connects to what...
I love how everytime they refer to the Hulkster as "Hollywood" Hogan, but I guess that keeps them from paying rights to Marvel

also that picture of Savage and Liz w/ the strap is so cool[/quote]

Also note that anytime Austin's titles are mentioned, he's now only "Stone Cold", not "Stone Cold Steve Austin".
Martin Kipp, Extreme Warfare Revenge Creative Team Member <br><a href='http://www.totalextremewarfare.com' target='_blank'>Extreme Warfare Revenge</a>
MARTYEWR

Postby RoaringElbow25 » 2004/12/22 Wed 7:33 pm

they are still missing alot of pictures of early wwe champs....and I also noticed they dont have any pics of Owen........
"Man, this Kane is a monster. A One-Eyed Monster." <br>-Jim Ross, Unforgiven 1998
RoaringElbow25

Postby Luds » 2004/12/23 Thu 8:22 am

You guys must reemmber, they would actually have to care to to a decent job with the title site. I mean, going through an archive, finsing pictures of champions... Are you kidding me? Do you really think that Vinny cares enough about this to put someone full time?

If it was me, I'd make this Orton's full time job :P
<span style='color:red'>Want good Puroresu Tapes?</span>
<br><a href='http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes</a>
<br><span style='color:darkblue'>Luds :Þ</span>
Luds

Postby MARTYEWR » 2004/12/23 Thu 9:09 am

Orton as a webmaster and keeper of title histories? :shake:
Martin Kipp, Extreme Warfare Revenge Creative Team Member <br><a href='http://www.totalextremewarfare.com' target='_blank'>Extreme Warfare Revenge</a>
MARTYEWR

Postby Black_Flag_Of_Ulster » 2004/12/23 Thu 9:42 am

i guess then he'd be the only one with a picture.
"Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off" Patrick Marber, Closer
Black_Flag_Of_Ulster

Return to World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment