Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

WWE Intercontinental Title History Web Page

Postby Hisaharu Tanabe » 2004/12/17 Fri 6:52 pm

And the RAW World Heavyweight Title is now treated as a complete new title, separate from the WCW title.
Hisaharu Tanabe

Postby Haiku Warrior » 2004/12/18 Sat 11:33 am

MARTYEWR wrote:Inoki's reign gets ignored. Again.

If losing respect could be represented by sound...

You just heard that sound from me.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Kevin Spacey (Usual Suspects)
Haiku Warrior

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2004/12/28 Tue 6:44 pm

They now have the title histories up for the Women's championship and the Cruiserweight championship. I find it funny how they're currently saying that Triple H is the "first" World heavyweight champion with no connection to the old WCW title, which was actually renamed just the "World title" prior to the unification with the WWF/E title to determine the "undisputed" champion, but they are recognizing the CW title's previous life in WCW and state that Brian Pillman was the first champion in 1991 (he was actually Light heavyweight champion).
Dan Poutsma

Postby One to Remember » 2004/12/30 Thu 8:24 pm

MARTYEWR wrote:Antonio Rocca

Did you get that name from the PWI Almanac? I think they miscalled him Antonio and I think its Antonino but im not sure.

In the Oct 93 PWI issue i got from Green Achers Flee Marke they claim Vaders WCW WORLD TITLE is so old yet PWI claims the nwa title (its lowercase on purpose) IS ONLY 1 YEAR OLD. Like NWA and WCW switched titles not like WCW said their title was in face the title heald by Thesz Tommy Rich and Steamboat.
Like buying something new then replacin it with your broken copy then returning it back for your money.

I think with WCW light-weight vs cruiserweight WCW is claiming vacantcy then name change. Like Mid-South tag team titles then UWF tag team titles.

Ive noticed WWE promoting Rise and Fall of ECW and i notice how they called Rhyno an ex-ECW World champ but why was Don Muraco at WMXX not called an ex ECW heavyweight champ? Ditto for Snuka. Im sure more then a few ECW fans kno of the Eastern days but does WWE have the rights to EASTERN not EXTREME Championship Wrestling?
One to Remember

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2004/12/30 Thu 11:32 pm

One to Remember wrote:Did you get that name from the PWI Almanac? I think they miscalled him Antonio and I think its Antonino but im not sure.

It is Antonino.

In the Oct 93 PWI issue i got from Green Achers Flee Marke they claim Vaders WCW WORLD TITLE is so old yet PWI claims the nwa title (its lowercase on purpose) IS ONLY 1 YEAR OLD. Like NWA and WCW switched titles not like WCW said their title was in face the title heald by Thesz Tommy Rich and Steamboat.  
Like buying something new then replacin it with your broken copy then returning it back for your money.

PWI was wrong and they later admitted such after WCW left the NWA. The Apter Mags switched "world" title status from the NWA championship to the WCW championship and recognized them as the same title after WCW dropped the NWA name around late 1990 (even though Flair continued to officially be recognized as champion by the NWA until he went to the WWF in September 1991). In 1992 when the NWA title was brought back following it's near year long vacancy, PWI claimed it was a new championship (which it was not) so no "world" title status was given to it.

I think with WCW light-weight vs cruiserweight WCW is claiming vacantcy then name change. Like Mid-South tag team titles then UWF tag team titles.

I don't know if WCW ever actually claimed they were the same.

Ive noticed WWE promoting Rise and Fall of ECW and i notice how they called Rhyno an ex-ECW World champ but why was Don Muraco at WMXX not called an ex ECW heavyweight champ?  Ditto for Snuka. Im sure more then a few ECW fans kno of the Eastern days but does WWE have the rights to EASTERN not EXTREME Championship Wrestling?

The Rise and Fall of ECW chronicles the promotion from it's early days as Eastern Championship Wrestling all the way to the end. Certain things are glossed over, but it's pretty complete for the most part. I would imagine no mention of Muraco or Snuka as former ECW champs was made at the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony because that happend after their WWF careers were already over. Why mention something that really has no connection to their time spent in the WWF? And besides, ECW was nothing at that point. It was just getting started and hadn't yet developed into what it eventually became.
Dan Poutsma

Previous

Return to World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment