Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

Bruiser Brody

Also visit "Puroresu Dojo Forum".

Postby AbBY » 2004/11/09 Tue 9:45 pm

I just read in a book that Invader said in court that Brody attacked him and he stabbed him on self-defense.
I can smell it, I can hear it... Its triple H!!! he just won the world title on a fluke! (again)
AbBY

Postby kwilson83 » 2004/11/09 Tue 11:17 pm

Well of course he did, if he had said he killed him in cold blood then he would have gone to jail. While he was not found guilty, I think it is safe to say that most people that know the situation do not think it was purely self defense.
Visit <a href='http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com' target='_blank'>Wrestling Encyclopedia</a> for Japanese video clips and Puroresu tape reviews!
kwilson83

Postby AbBY » 2004/11/10 Wed 9:16 pm

yeah, everyone would have done the same. Shame on him, shame on him... he murdered wrestling...
I can smell it, I can hear it... Its triple H!!! he just won the world title on a fluke! (again)
AbBY

Postby HORRORSHOW » 2004/11/11 Thu 1:05 pm

Yea...and you know it;'s a believeable defense....I know I shower with a knife all the time! All of us Puerto Ricans do! Jose Gonzales...Carlito Caribbean Cool...I bet even Savio Vega has his own favorite bathtime shank! Steely Knifey, you're the one....you make bathtime lots of fun....

Jose Gonzales got away with it because Bruiser Brody was seen as somewhat of a bully and nobody was willing to testify. I've heard Gonzales became a sort of local heo after the incident.
Abba-Zabba....you my only friend! - Thurgood Jenkins :D
HORRORSHOW

Postby AbBY » 2004/11/13 Sat 10:28 pm

local hero!!!!! man! he killed one of the best wrestlers of all time!!
AbBY

Postby BadNews » 2004/11/14 Sun 12:28 am

yes but it was all different then. there was a lot more markdom and the carribean was more um, lets just say biased and exicteable as far as crowds go, so gonzales (a face) stabbed brody (a heel, a foreign one at that) in self-defense. well im sure a lot of people wanted to believe that. he was a national hero, wrestling lost one of its best ever and, heck, wotcha gonna say? things like that happen all the time. its even a waste of breath to call it a shame anymore.
'Inflammable means flammable? Oh, what a country!' - Dr. Nick Riveira, The Simpsons
BadNews

Postby AbBY » 2004/11/14 Sun 1:15 pm

oooo, I get it now, it was like he killed the worst bad guy...
AbBY

Postby Toan » 2005/01/14 Fri 11:29 am

From what little I've seen of Brody I have to say I thought it was OK.

Yeah, he was a brawler but he was one of the best brawlers prior to the birth of the Deathmatch style that wrestling ever had.

Does anyone know where I can get that match with him and Abdullah The Butcher from All Japan?
Stay sharp...
Toan

Postby matt farmer » 2005/02/24 Thu 4:43 am

Jose was never thought of as a hero after Brody's death. That incident was the major reason wrestling in Puerto Rico took a huge nosedive in popularity.

Jose Gonzales did plead not guilty. But he was not found "not guilty". There was no verdict has they did not have enough evidence to convict him. As the murder weapon was never found. Because Jose after the stabbing was allowed to leave. Then came back later that night in new clothes to wrestle on the show!

It was a pre-meditated murder. Not self defense, as eye witnesses have stated numerous times that Jose had been seen sitting on a bench with a towel wrapped around his hand and arm. Which was the arm holding the knife.

There have been a few reasons given for possible motives for the murder. Including Brody owning a piece of the promotion (which I do not believe is true), for defying orders to do a job for Danny Spivey, for ruffing up Jose's tag team champions a few months earlier (Kendo Nagasaki, and Mr.Pogo). There have been many different reasons given.

One thing is for certain. Bruiser Brody was a very talented piece of talent. Still to this day is one of my favorites. And that is why I have a record book on his career with nearly 2,000 match listings that I have been working on for about 5 years now!
matt farmer

Previous

Return to Japan