Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter MySpace

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

Gwf

Gwf

Postby SuperNaturalX » 2003/08/03 Sun 11:54 pm

What did GWF stand for? ANd could someone give me some info on the promotion?
Mark aka SuperNaturalX <br>from the Great State of Tennessee <br>www.supernaturalx.com <br> <br>Pro Wrestling GLOBAL FURY <br>www.globalfury.com
SuperNaturalX

Postby Tradition Rules » 2003/08/04 Mon 2:42 pm

I believe GWF stands for Global Wrestling Federation(not related to the early '90s Texas promotion),and it was(still is?) a Korean promotion.

In the Korean comedy "The Foul King",the poster on the run dow gym/wrestling school the main character finds is a GWF promotional show poster.

I've posted her before on a few occations about this movie. It is really worth seeing(or in my own case,owning). The Tim Allen movie "Joe Somebody" is based on the script of "The Foul King",...though I've never seen the Tim Allen movie.

I read a few yeas ago that the GWF put on a pretty hot outdoor show that was very "puro" based and was a sellout and had a hot lucha style opener that the crowd was really into. I've been trying to find a copy of this (or anyother Korean based promotion show),but the only site that had any shows was run by Vanes Naldi who was a joshi fan and did movie reviews at Mike Lorifice's(who runs the <a href='http://www.quebrada.net' target='_blank'>www.quebrada.net</a> website) "Raging Bull Movie Reviews" . There is a link to this site at quebrada,which is great if you like foreign movies like I do.

But before I get off topic,Vanes Naldi died in a car accident back in 2000 I believe. Everyone who knew him (I didn't)said he was just a great guy. He was only in his twenties.

But if anyone knows where ANY Korean show can be purchased on tape,please let us know.

Thanks!

T.R!
Tradition Rules

Postby SuperNaturalX » 2003/08/08 Fri 2:41 pm

Oh, thank you. That has been in the back of my mind for some time. I would like to see some Korean wrestling.
Mark aka SuperNaturalX <br>from the Great State of Tennessee <br>www.supernaturalx.com <br> <br>Pro Wrestling GLOBAL FURY <br>www.globalfury.com
SuperNaturalX

Return to Asia - outside Japan