Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

WWE tag title

Postby TJ Vermeer » 2002/12/21 Sat 8:13 pm

I heard about it, but I also read Solomon's article on WWE.com, where he claims Raw's world title is a newly created title. So, what is it? :confused:
<b>TJ/Kiseki, The Netherlands <br>Watching wrestling since 1987 <br>Online since 1995</b>
TJ Vermeer

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2002/12/21 Sat 8:42 pm

The columns written by Mr. Solomon are nothing more than editorials that express his own views. I e-mailed him about it right after the piece aired on Confidential to voice my displeasure, and he pretty much agreed with me and said himself that the whole thing was rather dubious. That was his own personal opinion and had nothing to do with the propaganda spread by WWE. But what WWE says goes. So what they said on
on their program about Triple H's title being the same thing as the WCW title is what is "official" (although all the stuff they said about the NWA title is obviously total BS).
Dan Poutsma

Postby TJ Vermeer » 2002/12/21 Sat 8:45 pm

If it's not a new title, I would list it as follows:

World Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight Title (1991/01 – 2001/12)
World Wrestling Federation Undisputed World Heavyweight Title (2001/12 – 2002/05)
World Wrestling Entertainment Undisputed World Heavyweight Title (2002/05 – 2002/09)
World Wrestling Entertainment World Heavyweight Title [Raw brand] (2002/09 – today)

:rolleyes:
<b>TJ/Kiseki, The Netherlands <br>Watching wrestling since 1987 <br>Online since 1995</b>
TJ Vermeer

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2002/12/21 Sat 10:41 pm

Originally posted by TJ Vermeer
If it's not a new title, I would list it as follows:

World Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight Title  (1991/01 – 2001/12)

Don't forget that after WCW "was put out of business" at the Survivor Series in November of last year, they referred to it as simply the "World title" for a few weeks before unifying it with the WWF championship to form the "Undisputed" title. One reason for them to legitimately say that Triple H's championship is the same title.

And in actuality, although the old WCW "officially" stated in April 1992 that Flair was recognized as the first WCW World heavyweight champion after defeating Sting in January 1991, Sting had been billed as the WCW World champion even before then. In fact, the match between he and the Black Scorpion (Flair) at the Starrcade 90 PPV was referred to as the "first" WCW title bout when it took place.
Dan Poutsma

Postby bpwwrestling » 2002/12/24 Tue 12:03 am

Originally posted by Dan Poutsma
You don't recall the piece they did on Confidential about the so-called "history" of the World heavyweight title shortly after Bischoff awarded the belt to Triple H? All the BS about how the NWA World title "became" the WCW World title, which is now supposedly the same championship held by Triple H and all of that?

I haven't seen that. I'd have to hear their exact wording before I really think that's what they're trying to sell to us. I think you might have misinterpreted it.
bpwwrestling

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2002/12/24 Tue 5:22 pm

Originally posted by bpwwrestling
I haven't seen that.  I'd have to hear their exact wording before I really think that's what they're trying to sell to us.  I think you might have misinterpreted it.

I didn't misinterpret anything. That's exactly what they said.
Dan Poutsma

Postby Andrew_Adkins_AK47 » 2002/12/30 Mon 10:33 pm

Originally posted by DANGEROUS DAN
I may be new but  titlle history is something I know something about.  Honestly, McMahon is promoting entertainment and not professional wrestling. He title histories as mentioned above have been ruined and the belts themselves have no prestige. They are not protected and are used as props.  

They feed the egos of the marks within the buisness (HHH) who do nothing to raise the bar like the pro wrestlers they emulate.:P

I agree totally!! VKM and the WWE have raped and ruined the world of pro wrestling. Titles do not mean anything to them. They are just ornaments. So the history of there titles from 2001 to present date have become pointless.

Another thing, why doesn't the NWA clarify and promote it's history of the NWA World title on their program to spread the truth? That's a question for the NWA board and the Jarretts.
Andrew_Adkins_AK47

Postby TJ Vermeer » 2002/12/31 Tue 8:08 am

When u take a look at the title history section on nwatna.com, you know enough... :mad:
TJ Vermeer

Previous

Return to World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment