Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter MySpace

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

NWA/TNA titles

Including NWAssociation (formerly NBA), the current version of NWA founded by Pinkie George, and other previous versions of NWAlliance, such as Des Moines and Kansas. Topics on regional territories may be moved to more appopriate board.

NWA/TNA titles

Postby Patrick » 2010/12/14 Tue 9:34 pm

Hey there. I have seen that in the past that TNA has recognized all NWA title changes that took place in TNA as it being the same title changes as the same titles that they have now. Meaning that they didnt recognize Christian Cage or Kurt Angle as the first TNA world champion, but Ken Shamrock as the first TNA WORLD CHAMPION. I remember Ken Shamrock was the first NWA world champion in TNA. They had Ken shamrock to present( Jeff Hardy) under the same title lineage as the TNA world championship history and they did the same for the tag titles. How come this is not mentioned anyone where on the site or how come TNA does not explain this themselves?
Patrick

Re: NWA/TNA titles

Postby Hisaharu Tanabe » 2010/12/21 Tue 3:41 am

I don't remember TNA ever saying Shamrock was the "first TNA champion" on their title history listing. It think it said "the first champion of the TNA era" or something like that.

Regardless, TNA is/was intentionally causing the confusion just like what WWE is doing with the "World Heavyweight Title".

Jahno.
Hisaharu Tanabe

Postby Patrick » 2012/03/07 Wed 2:17 am

Isn't being "first TNA champion" and being "the first champion of the TNA era" the same thing?
Patrick

Postby Stevo_The_Devo » 2012/05/29 Tue 9:53 am

Good point.
Stevo_The_Devo

Return to National Wrestling Association/Alliance