Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

It is currently 2014/11/23 Sun 5:49 am

News News of Other Regions

Site map of Other Regions » Forum : Other Regions

Bill Robinson

I'm hoping Hisa or someone else on this forum can enlighten me on Bill Robinson, I know he use to or still does train the UWF snakepit, but I'd just like to know his background as a pro-wrestler, his accomplishments and any other cool tidbits about him. thanks ahead of time.
Read more : Bill Robinson | Views : 2088 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Japan

Masa Saito

I am having a hard time trying to find information about Masa Saito.....can anyone help?
Read more : Masa Saito | Views : 3879 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Japan

Origional I.W.G.P.

I know Hogan won the first IWGP Tournament but I dunno who else was in it and how they were chosen to compete, also when and why did the IWGP Change from an annual tournament to a Championship Title?
Read more : Origional I.W.G.P. | Views : 934 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Japan

PWF tag title tourney April 1984

There was a 4 team tournament held in April of 1984 to crown new World Tag Team champions. The teams were Brody + Hansen, Dory Jr + Baba, Tsuruta and Tenyru and Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell I've been able to find the final points standings of the tournament but have not been able to find complete results of all the matches in the tournament. Does anyone have results of all the matches held in ...
Read more : PWF tag title tourney April 1984 | Views : 1241 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Japan

Kouji Kitao's choice words

"04/01/91
After a match against John Tenta, Kouji Kitao has an inappropriate comment using a mic and is fired by SWS immediately."

What was said by Kouji Kitao that was so bad that got him immediately fired?
Read more : Kouji Kitao's choice words | Views : 885 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Japan

Bret Hart in Japan

Just wondering if anyone knew if Bret Hart did anymore matches in Japan after his WWF debut (not including his tour in late 1984 just before his debut-I know those)?

I know of:
-draw with Tiger Mask II in 1988
-loss to Cobra Takano in 1991
-tag match in SWS in 1991
-1995 WWF tour beating Savage, Bigelow, Yoko
Read more : Bret Hart in Japan | Views : 5385 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Japan

WWF Junior Title Tournament

I am tying to find the bracketing for the WWF World Junior Heavyweight title touranment held in Japan during the early part of 1984. I am particularily interested in who Bret Hart won/drew/lost to in this tournament.
Read more : WWF Junior Title Tournament | Views : 1461 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Japan

Match Recomendations

I'm looking to eventually pick up some older puroresu and I was wondering what would be some recomended matches from the late 70s to the late 80s that would be worth picking up. I've got Maeda vs. Fujinami from '86 and some Jumbo/Tenryu stuff on my list, but not much else. Thanks in advane.
Read more : Match Recomendations | Views : 879 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Japan

Fujinami vs. Choshu feud from the 80s

Copied from <a href='http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/Forum4/HTML/000013.html' target='_blank'>an old thread</a> in WrestlingClassics.com.

Originally posted by Eric Walls:
I have been reading/researching stuff on puroresu and this fued keeps coming up.

Can someone explain the fued to me? Who was involved? What were they fueding over? Exactly how did it change the face of puroresu?

You gotta understand some of Japanese culture to understand the feud.

In Japan, politics and seniority is usually more important than skill and knowledge. ...
Read more : Fujinami vs. Choshu feud from the 80s | Views : 1398 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Japan

British titles?

So, FWA is the biggest in UK right now. I hear that the long-lived All-Star Promotions started recognizing FWA's Bristish Heavyweight title. However, according to <a href='http://fp.wrestalliance.plus.com/britishtitlehistories.htm' target='_blank'>this site</a>, a group called "The Wrestling Alliance" is claiming the lineage of old All-Star titles.

Anybody can explain this confusion in detail?
Read more : British titles? | Views : 7738 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Europe

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2855 • Total topics 666 • Total members 1123

NYProWrestling.com

Copyright © 2003-2014 Puroresu Dojo. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy

Site hosted by Arisu Communications.