Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter MySpace

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

It is currently 2014/04/23 Wed 6:51 am

News News of Other Regions

Site map of Other Regions » Forum : Other Regions

Korean Titles

My question is this:

On Hisa's title page, there's a South Korea section, and I'm just curious to the origins of Korean puroresu, and how far it got. I'm assuming that Kintaro Ohki promoted cards there (hence his Korean group being on the NWA membership roster at one time); did he trai wrestlers? And what happened to Korean puroresu when Ohki retired? Did it just die out?

I know this site deals with puroresu, Japanese ...
Read more : Korean Titles | Views : 9695 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Asia - outside Japan

Question about New Japan Dojo in the Showa Days

Another thread on this forum mentioned how Gran Hamada and Mr. Pogo were the first graduates of New Japan's dojo. My question is, who exactly worked as trainers for New Japan in this period? Did some trainers jump ship from the JWA along with Inoki, Fujinami and Kido?
Read more : Question about New Japan Dojo in the Showa Days | Views : 5042 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Japan

Korean wrestling movie and the old All Asia hvywt belt...

Hey guys,its been a while since I posted here.

Anyways,since this is the "title" board of the forum,this is just something I thought I'd pass along. I just very recently purchased the DVD of the Korean comedy film "The Foul King".It is the 2nd highest grossing Korean made movie in history and the all time highest grossing Korean comedy.It is about an unproductive bank clerk who gets beat up by his boss for being a ...
Read more : Korean wrestling movie and the old All Asia hvywt belt... | Views : 3866 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Asia - outside Japan

Favorite All Japan Tag Teams

I've always thought that the tag team division in All Japan in the mid to late 80s was one of the best ever, up there with JCP around the same era. My favorite team was Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen. What are yours?
Read more : Favorite All Japan Tag Teams | Views : 6516 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Japan

Universal British Heavyweight Champion crowned

Recently The Wrestling Alliance, FWA, All Star, WAW, and Premiere Promotions held a tournament to crown a Universal British Champ - won by "The Anarchist" Doug Willaims...all the info is at <a href='http://www.thewrestlingalliance.co.uk' target='_blank'>www.thewrestlingalliance.co.uk</a> or at the FWA site or on <a href='http://www.prowrestlingnews.net' target='_blank'>www.prowrestlingnews.net</a>

This would be a good time to carry on with British Heavyweight title lineage as all the promotions were involved, and thus cant be disputed.
Read more : Universal British Heavyweight Champion crowned | Views : 4081 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Titles in India question

I am looking for a title history from India. There was an NWA affiliate promoting in that country not to long ago and they recognized a 'World Jr. Middleweight Champion' (or Jr Mid Heavyweight but that just doesnt sound right lol). Thanks in advance...
Read more : Titles in India question | Views : 3047 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Asia - outside Japan

Inoki/Brody Feud

How many times did these two wrestle? Every time they meet did Brody always win until there last match and Inoki won? Just trying to get some info on this feud.
Read more : Inoki/Brody Feud | Views : 1779 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Japan

Questions (fairly obscure)

Can you give me career details on some of these people?

Thanks.

Shinji Sasazaki
Kanji Kitazawa
Kazuharu Sonoda
Shoji Kai
Read more : Questions (fairly obscure) | Views : 2336 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Japan

Questions

1. Can anybody tell me how good the Inoki vs Hogan match was back in '83 for the first ever IWGP Title?

2. Can somebody give me some info on the Maeda/Andre Shoot? Like when did it happen? Who won the match?
Read more : Questions | Views : 6127 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Japan

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2842 • Total topics 659 • Total members 1123

NYProWrestling.com

Copyright © 2003-2010 Puroresu Dojo. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy

Site hosted by Arisu Communications.