Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter MySpace

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

It is currently 2014/09/01 Mon 2:41 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

WWWF title matches in Japan

I need a little help. If anyone out there can help me find a list of all title defenses of WWWF titles in Japan it would be a lot of help.

I am looking for title defenses by TIger mask, The CObra and Fujinami (both in the US and Japan) for the WWWF JR title. But I am also looking for any and all title defesnes of WWWF-WWE titles in Japan or against Japanese wrestlers.
Read more : WWWF title matches in Japan | Views : 6935 | Replies : 9 | Forum : World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment

NWA National Title

OK whats the story with this one.

Hashimoto defeats Shawn Hernandez on 5-23 on a zero-one card in 4:43 in Tokyo, Japan.

That seesm to be the only clear part. In Japan they are announcing it as a title change with Hashimoto becoming the 48th champion. Stories also have Hashimoto claiming he doesn't want that worthless title he wants the NWA title.

Now it is also being reported that the title was not on the ...
Read more : NWA National Title | Views : 4595 | Replies : 5 | Forum : National Wrestling Association/Alliance

Raven 22x Hardcore champion

Ok I'm lost last night during Heat Coach kept calling Raven a 22 time Hardcore champion. As far as I know he's only a 18x time hardcore champion.

What's going on here?
Read more : Raven 22x Hardcore champion | Views : 2444 | Replies : 2 | Forum : World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment

NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title confusion

I posted this on WrestlingClassics.com in reply to a question about the title, so I decided to post here for your info as well:

I don't know when McGuirk actually retired, but his promotion closed in '82. He controlled the title throughout the 50s-70s at least until '80 (could be '82 when his promotion closed).

Nelson Royal was awarded the title on 79/07/28 when the champion Al Madril was too ill for the match. However, ...
Read more : NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title confusion | Views : 15068 | Replies : 20 | Forum : National Wrestling Association/Alliance

Kerry Von Erich NWA Title Defenses...

I found this in the October 1984 Issue of Pro Wrestling Illustrated. It shows his title defense schedule while Kerry was champion. I thought whomever was doing the Complete Listing of NWA Title defense webpage would be interested. It doesn't list the outcomes of the matches though.

May 7 - Terry Gordy - Fort Worth, Texas
May 8 - Ric Flair - Muskogee, Oklahoma (Non-Title)
May 9 - Ric Flair - Corpus Cristi, Texas
May ...
Read more : Kerry Von Erich NWA Title Defenses... | Views : 5058 | Replies : 7 | Forum : National Wrestling Association/Alliance

Dunacn & Will Title History

Get this book! It is the greatest book on the subject I have ever seen.
Read more : Dunacn & Will Title History | Views : 3432 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Pro-Wrestling History: General

Burning Question abotu title history

I have a question that has been burning inside my head a while...

After Brian Pillman's untimely death, a writer for TV guide attacked the WWF. To respond to that, the WWF used the world's biggest loudspeaker, Jim Cornette, to respond. In his beautifully mastered tirade Cornette started tracing back the title history of wrestling and made a startling link to Abraham Lincoln. Can anyone verify this or point me in a direction to verify ...
Read more : Burning Question abotu title history | Views : 1420 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Pro-Wrestling History: General

Roll Call of NWA Members: 1979 Annual Meeting

Meeting held August 3rd & 4th, 1979 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Credit goes to
1wrestlinglegends.com

Members in Attendance:

All Japan Pro Wrestling Co., LTD.
Shohei Baba
Dory Funk, Jr.
Joe Higuchi

Arena Mexico, S.A.
Salvador Lutteroth, Jr.
Salvador Lutteroth, III

Capitol Wrestling Corp.
Vincent McMahon
Robert J. Marella
Vincent McMahon, Jr.

Catch Schober (Hannover, Germany)
Edmund Schober

Championship Wrestling from Florida, INC.
Duke Keomuka
Mike Graham
Dusty Rhodes

Jim Crockett Promotions, INC.
Jim Crockett, Jr. ...

Times of Title matches

I was wondering if anyone could help me (direct me to a good website maybe). I am trying to track down the times of match where the title changed. I know this will be verey hard to do for older title changes, but it seems that people don't even bother to list the times of matches on modern PPVs anymore.

I know the time of the match still means something in Japan and I figured ...
Read more : Times of Title matches | Views : 2300 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Pro-Wrestling History: General

Bobby Managoff (1916 - 2002)

Former National Wrestling Association World Heavyweight champion Bobby Managoff passed away on April 3rd. He was the world champ during the WWII when many wrestlers were not available.

Lou Thesz's famous 936 consecutive win record started on the day after he lost to Managoff in Buffalo on 1948/06/11.

Managoff was indeed the living history of pro-wrestling.

RIP.
Read more : Bobby Managoff (1916 - 2002) | Views : 1677 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pro-Wrestling History: General

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2848 • Total topics 662 • Total members 1123

NYProWrestling.com

Copyright © 2003-2010 Puroresu Dojo. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy

Site hosted by Arisu Communications.