News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

WWF Title change date confusion...?

I was looking up results on prowrestlinghistory.com and found this:

Royal Rumble 1997
January 21, 1997 in San Antonio, TX

NOTE the date.

One of the results on that card was:

Shawn Michaels pinned Sycho Sid (13:49) to win the WWF World Title.

HOWEVER In Wrestling Title Histories and on this site, I have seen the change date as 19/01/1997 in San Antonio, TX

Which is the correct date?

necrosis215

RAW's championship, a new championship!

According to an article on WWE.com, RAW's championship is a newly created World heavyweight championship! You can read the article by going to the address
<a href='http://www.wwe.com/news/commentary/brians/1171974' target='_blank'>http://www.wwe.com/news/commentary/brians/1171974</a> .

TJ Vermeer

Hart beat Flair for WWF title

I just read that Bret Hart beat Ric Flair for the WWF title two days earlier then the offical date In San Fransico. But the change was never mentioned. Anyone know anythign about this?
Read more : Hart beat Flair for WWF title | Views : 4860 | Replies : 5 | Forum : World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment

Actual dates for renaming of titles...

I have been looking at the date you have used for when WWF changed to WWE and have noticed that you have only included the month, Hisa.
The titles that were around at the time of the name change were:

World
IC
Euro
Women's
Tag
Cruiserweight
Hardcore

The exact date that the name change was announced both on the WWF/E official site and their programming was 06/05/2002 (May 6th).

The aforementioned titles should now look ...

WWWF/WWF/WWE Title Match Lists

I found Hisa's NWA Title Match List a while ago and it set me off compiling my own lists for WWE. I currently have the World (quite incomplete results), IC (VERY incomplete results), Euro (almost complete) and Hardcore (should be quite complete but I've only just started it).

If anybody is interested, these lists should be up on the Oldschool-Wrestling site by Monday. I'll post the link as soon as I have it. When you ...
Read more : WWWF/WWF/WWE Title Match Lists | Views : 2750 | Replies : 2 | Forum : World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment

WWE Tag Team Tilte History

I don't think that your WWE Tag Title Title history is complete, you have it starting with Luke graham and Tarzan Tyler but befor eWWE took down their official title history it started with Eddie and Jerry Graham and had 28 other title holders before yours starts. I was just wondering if you knew why that was
Read more : WWE Tag Team Tilte History | Views : 2547 | Replies : 1 | Forum : World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment

WWE Hardcore Title

Does anybody know what the deal is with the following title changes:

1. 22/07/02 Grand Rapids, MI - Johnny Stamboli defeats Bradshaw for the title, and Bradshaw then regains it. Both this site and the Solie site list this change as happening. However, this match took place on Sunday Night Heat and according to other sites, Bradshaw won this match without losing the title.

2. On 04/08/02 Bradshaw defeated Tommy Dreamer for the title with ...
Read more : WWE Hardcore Title | Views : 7401 | Replies : 12 | Forum : World (Wide) Wrestling Federation/Entertainment

Most Important title today

Two ways to look at this question, which you think is either the top title in wrestling today or which is your personal prefernce
Read more : Most Important title today | Views : 28763 | Replies : 96 | Forum : Pro-Wrestling History: General

"Unified" belts for secondary titles- i dont agree

This debate has popped up from time to time, so I figured I'll just see what everyone here thinks. When it comes to maybe two World titles being unified, then yes, I
say either carry both belts out or create a new belt representing the
Unified championship. However, when it comes to the unification of
secondary titles, I agree with the current practice in North American
wrestling: the lesser title gets "absorbed" into the more ...
Read more : "Unified" belts for secondary titles- i dont agree | Views : 5632 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Pro-Wrestling History: General

Old NWA Booking Offices

I've been doing some research here on the net for quite some time and have come across a lot of information pertaining to several of the old NWA affiliated booking offices, including their principal location (city) as well as a list of various officers and directors associated with these companies. Just thought I'd share some of it with you for historical purposes. Credit goes to the Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, and Oregon business service sites. ...
Read more : Old NWA Booking Offices | Views : 7457 | Replies : 0 | Forum : National Wrestling Association/Alliance

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2853 • Total topics 665 • Total members 1123

NYProWrestling.com

Copyright © 2003-2014 Puroresu Dojo. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy

Site hosted by Arisu Communications.