Facebook twitter MySpace

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

Stu Hart (1915 - 2003)

Pre-1990 topics only.

Stu Hart (1915 - 2003)

Postby Hisaharu Tanabe » 2003/10/16 Thu 10:33 pm

Stu Hart passed away this afternoon due to complications from pneumonia at the
age of 88.

Stu was not only a father of two of the greatest wrestlers of this era, Bret and Owen, but also one of the greatest promoters from Canada.

Rest in peace, Stu.
Hisaharu Tanabe

Postby edgehead1984 » 2003/10/17 Fri 2:45 pm

[QUOTE=Hisaharu Tanabe]Stu Hart passed away this afternoon due to complications from pneumonia at the
age of 88.

Stu was not only a father of two of the greatest wrestlers of this era, Bret and Owen, but also one of the greatest promoters from Canada.

Rest in peace, Stu.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he is a legend in Canada, as a promoter, but we forget about his wrestling career in the carny days of wrestling.

Canada, nay the world is in mourning for a character who gave us so many great wrestlers, not just from promotion but from himself. Bret, Bruce, Keith, Smith, Elizabeth, Diana, and all the other Hart kids, I pray for you in your time of difficulty. Stu has joined his beloved wife and son in the great ring in the sky.
Fear the Spear... <br> <br><a href='http://www.freewebtown.com/edgehead1984/1979.doc' target='_blank'>My Media List</a>
edgehead1984

Postby El Pollo Guerrera » 2003/10/18 Sat 2:20 pm

Some of my fondest memories of wrestling are because of Stu Hart's Stampede promotion... they were my first shows ever...

:(

All of our prayers are with the Hart family.
Master of the Greco-Roman Punch to the Head
El Pollo Guerrera

Postby Luds » 2003/10/18 Sat 8:11 pm

This is such sad news... I saw it on TSN and it brought me down... Everything that happened to the Harts... I wish they can use this time to come back together as a family...

:(
<span style='color:red'>Want good Puroresu Tapes?</span>
<br><a href='http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes</a>
<br><span style='color:darkblue'>Luds :Þ</span>
Luds

Postby The Franceman » 2003/10/19 Sun 4:18 pm

The world of Wrestling lost a great man.
I search any informations (olds or news) in Wrestling in France or Europe.
The Franceman

Postby RoaringElbow25 » 2003/10/21 Tue 11:28 am

another tragic loss to the wrestling world. I guess Stu just kinda seemed invincible. No matter what happened to the Hart Family, losing sons, son-in-laws, or his wif he remained, in the words of Chris Benoit" a "Piller of Strength" Stu, like any member of the great Hart family, will not be forgoten. My best goes out to the Hart family and everyone else who Stu's great life touched

RIP Stu Hart
"Man, this Kane is a monster. A One-Eyed Monster." <br>-Jim Ross, Unforgiven 1998
RoaringElbow25

Stu Hart

Postby SpirituXBomba » 2003/10/29 Wed 8:24 pm

It was rough to hear how Stu passed away. But we must keep in mind the legacy that Stu has brought to the table as a family man, Promoter & wrestler. One of the greatest of all times. He wa the one who stretched out alot of guys, Piper, JYD, All of His sons & son inlaws & the guys that we see today. Lyger ,Benoit, Jericho, Storm, Hase. Stu will be Missed.

[admin note: you didn't need to start another thread when the same topic already existed. I merged your thread into this one.]
M.O.T.T is Ichiban, Mark Knight is the embodiment of Touken Retsuden.
SpirituXBomba

Return to Pro-Wrestling History: General