Introduction - Symbols
Facebook twitter

Home > Wrestling History Message Forums

Most Important title today

Pre-1990 topics only.

Postby El Fiasco » 2003/04/24 Thu 5:18 pm

I'll take Zach Arnold over Dave Meltzer any day.
I have seen the face of Satan, and his name is Bill Apter.
El Fiasco

Postby GlobalHonored » 2003/04/24 Thu 5:52 pm

I found the Iraqi information officer more informative than Meltzer.
GlobalHonored

Postby Mojo » 2003/06/11 Wed 11:33 pm

Originally posted by SportsEntertainment
Even Dave Meltzer agrees with me on this one.  In his newsletter, a few weeks ago he said "ever since Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan started touring the U.S. the WWF world title has become the major title in North America" or somtihing to that effect.
 BTW in this weeks issue he fianally has part 3 of the history of the WWF title, the artice is 11 pages long! it's a must read.

Ladies and gentlemen, Bryan Alvarez.

Back on topic, I think its easy to grant that the WWF Title during the Russo era and for a while after that was a bit of a joke, just like all WWF Titles. Feuds were more about personal vendettas with the title as a prop. However I think recently the WWE Title on Smackdown at least has risen in stature. With Angle and Brock as the last two champions, the belt is likely perceived highly by fans. Hunter's belt on Raw has been marred by too many non-finishes and sledgehammers, and by being surgically attached to Hunter's waist.
Mojo

Postby Luds » 2003/06/12 Thu 7:35 am

Originally posted by Mojo
Ladies and gentlemen, Bryan Alvarez.

Back on topic, I think its easy to grant that the WWF Title during the Russo era and for a while after that was a bit of a joke, just like all WWF Titles.  Feuds were more about personal vendettas with the title as a prop.  However I think recently the WWE Title on Smackdown at least has risen in stature.  With Angle and Brock as the last two champions, the belt is likely perceived highly by fans.  Hunter's belt on Raw has been marred by too many non-finishes and sledgehammers, and by being surgically attached to Hunter's waist.

Thank *** that the actual title that he carries is Big Goldie... It makes fans *think* about Big Goldie's past... Now Trip's championship is meaningless, but we all like the title belt :D
<span style='color:red'>Want good Puroresu Tapes?</span>
<br><a href='http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes</a>
<br><span style='color:darkblue'>Luds :Þ</span>
Luds

Postby CyclopsScott » 2003/06/12 Thu 10:43 am

Originally posted by Luds
Thank *** that the actual title that he carries is Big Goldie... It makes fans *think* about Big Goldie's past... Now Trip's championship is meaningless, but we all like the title belt :D

Yeah, I look back on the lineage since that September Raw and go "well, at least Michaels had a month with it..." because otherwise Triple H's defenses haven't exactly been stellar. I will grant that his match with Booker T at WrestleMania was a good brutal contest (not brutal as in bad, but as in violent)
CyclopsScott

Postby Luds » 2003/06/13 Fri 7:36 am

I agree that the Smackdow title looks better now as Lesnar is a better champion than Trip... Now it's great that they stopped having title changes every 2 weeks...

I just wonder who will Nash hand the title to...
<br><a href='http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/ludstapes</a>
Luds

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2003/07/16 Wed 12:30 am

Originally posted by iron_maiden_nut
The way that I see the Raw Title is that of the old style NWA/WCW Title when guys like Ric, Rhodes, Garvins, Andersons and The Bolsheviks were running the belts.

A) There's no such thing as the "NWA/WCW" title, even though the same physical belt (Big Goldy) has been used to represent both of those championships.

and

B) By "Bolsheviks" I assume you mean the Koloffs, since the actual team that went by that name (Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov) worked for the WWF.
Dan Poutsma

Postby JustS2pendous » 2003/07/16 Wed 11:18 am

Dan, it's his first post and your ragging on him? I think there's a little HHH in you.

I still say it would be so much easier and more fun to watch if they had resurrected WCW
JustS2pendous

Postby Dan Poutsma » 2003/07/16 Wed 5:22 pm

I'm not ragging on him. Just trying to kick some knowledge and help educate him a bit just in case he's uninformed. I like things to be as accurate as possible. I can't really help it. I guess it's just some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder I have.

Oh yeah, btw, that reminds me: do you know any good therapists? :D
Dan Poutsma

Postby Luds » 2003/07/17 Thu 8:07 am

It's all good Dan, we like to have all that knowledge & determination around! :cheers: :guitar:
Luds

Postby GlobalHonored » 2003/07/17 Thu 1:23 pm

Uh Oh!
GlobalHonored

Postby TJ Vermeer » 2003/07/17 Thu 9:29 pm

LOL
<b>TJ/Kiseki, The Netherlands <br>Watching wrestling since 1987 <br>Online since 1995</b>
TJ Vermeer

PreviousNext

Return to Pro-Wrestling History: General